Monday, January 25, 2010

Why do you want to be an Art Educator?

      I want to express the importance of creating. Through creating something you can call your own you are opening up philosophical doors that most of us never even knew we had access too. Art has been so ingrained into our culture and society that, unless we're at an art gallery, we simply ignore it. Take photography for instance, think about a magazine and what it would be like if we didn't have photography. A picture-less magazine, that doesn't sound like much fun does it? Art is meant to stimulate the mind and in normal life it just doesn't happen anymore. That's why I want to be an art educator, to change that. I didn't care about art at all in high school. That's because I was so drained from the government classes and the English papers, I didn't have time to indulge in expression, I had deadlines, I had to get into college, I had to get an A on that exam. I was a robot. I took a photography class, I hated it, the students around me took it as an easy credit. I know I can change art from an easy credit to a class students want to take because of the possibilities and opportunities it can open up.

No comments:

Post a Comment